- The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) is a community of patients, caregivers, families, medical professionals and researchers who work together to empower people battling the disease while supporting research toward improved treatments.
- PHA was the first organization in the world dedicated to providing comprehensive PH patient and caregiver support, medical education, specialty care services that improve patients’ quality of life and research.
- PHA’s mission is to extend and improve the lives of those affected by PH; its vision is a world without PH, empowered by hope.
- PHA facilitates more than 285 support groups around the country and serves as a model for more than 70 international PH organizations.
- In addition to in-person support, PHA offers a telephone support line, an email mentors program and a variety of print and online publications. In 2017, PHA mailed its Envelope of Hope publication to more than 500 newly-diagnosed individuals.
- PHA’s International PH Conferences bring together more than 1,500 patients, caregivers, medical professionals and other friends of PHA every two years to share information on the latest research, treatments and lifestyle issues with PH.