Once you have registered for an event, you are ready to start raising money for the PHight against PH.
Before the Event
- Set your goals.
- Create a contact list for outreach and support.
- If you are a team captain, choose your team name.
- Recruit members for your team!
- Make a self-donation to kick-off your fundraising efforts and show your commitment.
- Use social media and email to reach out to your network of friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to encourage donations.
I have been living with a rare, life-threatening disease called pulmonary hypertension (PH) for [length of time]. This disease makes it difficult for me to breathe and puts undo pressure on my heart. While there is no cure for this devastating disease, you can help me phight back by contributing to the [Event name] at [location] on [time/date]. [URL to fundraising page]
Help me raise awareness & funds for a cure for pulmonary hypertension at [Event name]! [URL link to event page]
Dear friends and family,
As some of you may know, I am participating in the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA) [Event name] to benefit people living with pulmonary hypertension (PH), which is characterized as high blood pressure in the lungs that puts unbearable stress on the heart. This life-threatening disease can affect anyone at any time and has no cure.
For me, signing up for this event was a personal decision. I am a member of the PH community because [insert connection to PH community]. In addition to attending the event, I am committed to raising a total of $[insert goal amount] to support the search for a cure and better quality of life for those living with PH.
But, I cannot do this alone. Can I count on your support? You can donate at my personal fundraising page: [URL to fundraising page].
7. Plan your team pride/flair and T-shirts.
8. Send regular updates to your team.
9. Prepare for inclement weather.
10. Reach out to local media.
During the Event
1. Make an additional pitch for donations on social media.
2. Share your pictures, videos and updates! Tag friends and family, the Pulmonary Hypertension Association, and use the hashtag #theRightHeart.
I am so excited to be [Event Name] in [location] helping to raise awareness and funds to phight backagainst PH — a rare,life-threating disease that affects the lungs and the heart. I am here today tosupport [insert connection to PHcommunity]. If you would like to support my efforts, go to [URL to fundraising page].
It's a great day to be at [EventName] in [location] raisingawareness and funds to phight back against PH.
3. Show your team spirit.
After the Event
1. Share your remaining pictures, videos and updates from the event.
2. Thank your donors.
Thank you to everyone who supported me while I raised money toward a cure for pulmonary hypertension (PH). You are giving hope to all those affected by PH and to those at risk for developing PH.
3. Share your story and stay connected.
- Sign up for PHANews